Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Anusara Video - The Heart of Transformation

I was super excited to come home yesterday and see my shipment of the new Anusara movie. I snuggled up last night after a wonderful weekend in Buckhorn lake, getting deeply connected to nature and nurturing myself as I transition into Fall. The movie was great, I just love to hear John speak and it was awesome to hear all of the other teachers talking about their own personal journey with Anusara. i can relate to almost all of the other teachers and also the love that we all feel for John and the work that he is doing for our community. I really want everyone to see this video so you have a deeper understanding about what this is all about.

What Anusara is about for me is a way, a method, a opportunity for me to live more fully from my heart. Easier said than done. I realize I have more work to do but that it is just getting better and better as I go. One day I hope to be in that circle of teachers, closest to John because I truly believe that we can all change the world but that it begins within our own community. Every time I teach a yoga class my intention is to bring my students into the sacred space of their own hearts, the place of a connection to something bigger, to have a moment where they accept themselves as they are.

I can only offer my humble gratitude to my teacher Todd Norian that once told me in the midst of my confustion...."Mindy you just have to follow your heart." Once again easier said than done but since that was over 5 years ago I really trust my heart more than I ever have and it has only lead me to bigger and better things. Does that take courage, discipline, effort, you bet it does but when these moments of total delight follow you know in your heart it is so worth it.

I am heading to Sante Fe, New Mexico for more John and I can't wait!!! I appreciate everyone that has been supporting me on this journey and I can't wait to support you on your path however I can. Follow your heart today and you will be transformed.
om
Mindy

1 comment: