Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kula

I used to think I could teach myself everything I needed to know about yoga from books and through home practice. I know that although I deepened my understanding of yoga and myself by doing that, I was also very limited in how expansive I could become alone. This is where Kula and community comes in. If you have been coming to my class lately I have really been trying to hard to inspire community, let me clarify, meaningful community in my classes and the studio. Without yoga friends this can be a lonely path. I love love love the community that we are building at The Mindful Body. I hold it in the highest light. I have seen friendships begin, old relationships end, love bloom and kinship of a special kind at the studio and it truly touches my heart. The bottom line is you need to get involved in the community, even if your shy, I get it but smile, say hello, take a chance to meet someone new every class, and you will see that it gets easier. I want students to know that most of the people that come to class would probably never crossed paths in this lifetime and to understand that not only have we crossed paths but I am honoured to walk beside you, as a teacher, student, and a friend. Love to my Kula, lets grow our community. Please bring your friends to a free class the entire week from Sept 7th to the 11th and spread the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment