Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gratitude

Well I am happy to be back in Canada, with my family (pug and Marty). We were in Paris for almost 2 weeks and it was so spectacular. What a radical expansion it is to visit a new country, see their culture, eat the food. We saw so many things that were new I can barely keep it all straight, it seems like a blur. That trip to Paris was a huge marker for me and what I dream of.

I am closer and closer to getting certified. Each time I study with John, I get it more and more and more. John Friend is one of the most inspiring yoga teacher that has walked this planet. What he does every day is so amazing, that it is truly a blessing to be able to spend my time learning and growing under his watchful eye. My dream means that I must travel and Paris was a stepping stone on that path. I am planning to go to the next training with him in New Mexico and by then will be almost ready to write the exam and take the next few steps on this amazing path of teacher training.

Now that we are hope, I am so grateful for no-smoking by-laws. It seems that so many people smoke in Paris, old and very young. I was a bit taken back by it all, it made me feel sick many times. I rode the waves of health from a terrible cramping episode the day before the training, that had me bed ridden, possibly from drinking the water, but not sure, to moments of feeling great, followed by well more sickness, throwing up and just feeling out of sorts digestion wise. Back home I am so grateful for all the food, veggies and fruits that was have access to and especially the kitchen. Food is so important, we must enjoy what we eat, who we are eating with and how we are eating.

om peace,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment