Wednesday, July 7, 2010

From Paris with Love Vol 2.

I did intend to blog much more but it is so amazing here I am just always out taking everything in. We went on a bike tour (crazy, I will NEVER EVER complain about traffic and the drivers in London, you would know if you have been to Paris). The bike tour ended with an awesome boat ride on the Seine River and through Paris highlighting all of the amazing buildings that make the Paris skyline so amazing. The Eiffel Tower sparkles with thousands of lights every night on the hour, it is beautiful!!!

Now to update you on the Teacher Training with John. The training is going amazing. Each day is intense and full. The room has about 130 students from 17 different countries (there are a few other Canadians, woowhoo!!!!). There are translators for both French and Spanish. We have begun doing some practice teaching and each day it gets a bit more layered. I was finally able to make a comment out loud in the class, I was sweating, my heart was racing and my face was beat red. I have so much respect for John and this system I always want to be clear and speak intelligently. He is randomly calling on us to get up in front of the room and teach. I pray that he asks me and that he doesn't know I am there at the same time.

He is so supportive of all of the students and we have been speaking a lot on Adhikara, which is studentship. It is important for you to know what type of student you are since the amount of knowledge I can share with you depends upon your desire to know and ask questions. I promise to be the best student always, so that i can better serve all my students. This training only solidfies why I am here, why I am teaching yoga.

For all my friends and kula back home I am sending you love everyday! I am dedicated to this system fully and will stay focused on every detail while i am here. Please stay cool, I hear that there is a wicked heat wave back home. Breathe in through you mouth making a small o-shape (like sucking air up through a straw), this can help cool your body temperature.

Missing you all,
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment