Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happiness Right Now!

I thought of a spiritual path in the past like it was leading me somewhere very special.  Sort of like Dorothy going to Oz.  But more and more I realize what the phrase "it's a journey not a destination" really means.  Part of Dorthy's journey was meeting new friends along the way, spending time with Toto, and fighting off evil flying monkeys and a real witch. What about the actual path, granted hers was bright yellow, easy to see, mine seems a bit confusing sometimes, many forks, many options and sometimes I find it hard to know which way to go.  Who do I want to bring with me on my trip to Oz?

The path I have chosen in life, isn't the easy way, my old way was to numb myself, fill my life with drama and stress so after I numbed myself I could feel 'something.'  My new way is with a yoga practice, teachers and like minded friends.  The yoga way, much harder, but so much more fun.  Last weekend, my yellow brick road led me and my hubby to John Friends Detroit workshop.  John is one of the most skilled yoga teachers on the planet and you are bound to have a shift when you practice with him.  Something in my heart shifts every time I get an opportunity to do yoga with him or listen to his Dharma talks. 

John came into my life like a Kansas hurricane and when the dust settled, the winds died down and I dusted off the film from my heart, I could see myself clearly.  Happy in this moment,  right now, not after I get this, buy this, read this, watch this or do this, just right now!  Yoga has taught me so many things, simple but incredibly profound but one of the things it has really taught me, is this is my path and I make the choice to align with the highest, friends, teachers, food, partners, communities.  Whenever I choose from the highest I stay connected to myself and my true nature, which is that I am a good girl! 


Today I might encounter a angry witch, a tree that throws apples at me,  or someone trying to put a spell on me, but today I will also find happiness all around me simply because I am embodied bliss.  Yoga is a journey, Oz is here, now!

2 comments: