Thursday, March 24, 2011

Acceptance

Nature doesn't always give you a choice.  You have an event planned and it pours or in the case of where I live, snows.  I woke up yesterday to a world of white and all I could do was accept it.  Yoga has given me many things but not the ability to melt the snow.  One thing that yoga has taught me is to recognize that I am not in control, grace is leading the way.  Grace is the revelatory power of the universe that affirms life. 

Sometimes things just are what they are, for no reason.  This is not just a world of causality but a world where lila, diving play, operates.  Because of lila, plans can change, people can pass away, natural disasters strike.  It's what we do with the lila that we can change.  Attitude is everything!  My whole life I have been accused of having a 'attitude.'  It wasn't uncommon for my mom to get calls from the school to discuss that very topic.  Where did my bad attitude come from?  Partly the environment I was brought up in, partly my nature, who cares at this point.  When we shift our attitudes out of the 'i'm a victim in all this" to, a victorious one this aligns us with grace.

When you do that magic happens!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment