Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meditation in New Mexico

I'm at the Toronto airport waiting for my flight to Sante Fe. I always get a bit nervous when I fly but I have found several ways to help me get through it with more ease. In 2003 I was taught a meditaiton that I used for 4 years with great benefits.

These days I meditate on Ganesha, the remover of obstacles. I have to tell you his works like magic for me. Meditation is a tool to help foucs the mind. Many people think that the purpose of mediation is to stop your thoughts. Ask anyone who meditates if that is possible and I think they would tell you that you can't do it.

Instead meditation can be used to redirect thoughts, for example using a mantra. I find the use of a mantra helps remind me of why I am meditating and what I am meditating on. Most cities have meditation groups which can really help you get started. I love to mediate with others since it feels so powerful. I am happy to sit quietly and use my mala beads, like right now in the airport or on the plane or perhaps ontop of a moutain of rose quartz in New Mexico.

If you are interested in following my journey I thank you and I will share as openly from my heart as I can.

May all being be happy, free and at peace,
om,
mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment