Monday, February 14, 2011

Green Juice

Just over 3 weeks ago I gave my body and my cupboards a major clean-up! I started to make green juices, almost every day. I have been having 2 of these juices until noon then some yummy vegan eats. The juice is made from 1 cucumber, 5 leaves of romaine lettuce, 1 lemon, 2 green apples, 1 pear, 4 kale leaves, 1/2 bag of celery, ginger, then I add 2 ginseng and a hint of agave nectar. I have cut out almost 100% of the gluten from my diet and I can honestly say I haven't felt this good for many years, health wise.

I've been a vegetarian for over 17 years now but my diet needed a lot of help. This time the help came in the form of a book, by Kriss Carr, My Crazy Sexy Diet. I highly recommend this book, it is so informational and inspiring. For many years of my life I suffered from a horrible eating disorder that ruled my life and it all started to change when I began yoga. Yoga helped so much, I just stopped throwing up everything I ate and for the first time in my life genuinely cared about my bod!

Although, I think I ate healthier than most, I knew I could do better. My wee Starbucks addiction, an innocent Soy Chai Tea Latte and a molasses cookie 2 times a week was unhealthy and I knew it. That latte has as much sugar in it as a pop does, so don't kid yourself if you have fallen into the chai tea trap too. Other than that my busy lifestyle made it hard to prepare and I realize now that eating the best, freshest and healthiest food is expensive, a lot of work, both preparing and prepping but it 100% worth it in the end.

Make a change today whether it is cutting out those chai lattes, coffee, too much alcohol, gluten, soy, eggs, dairy or meat. I know that you will feel so much better in only a few weeks. Plus your bod will love you for it by dropping extra pounds around the belly, thighs, backs of the arms and rear end! Kriss Carr recommends doing this with a buddy for inspiration and motivation. Whatever floats your boat, just get it in the water first by cleaning out your cupboards and replacing what is in them with whole foods. Throw out anything that is white, refined or processed. Your doing yourself a favour in the end!

om peace

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear this Mindy :)

    Small incremental changes will make such a big impact on your health in the long run and how you feel on a day to day basis.

    ReplyDelete