Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Light in the Dark

As the days get shorter, the dark comes early and the desire to snuggle up with a cup of warm tea and my cozy blanket calls. These will be some of the darkest days of the year in London, Ontario but there is always light in the dark. We just put up our tree and I love to sit by it's warm glow. Even walking around outside people have put up their holiday lights to brighten up the darkest days. I love that single candle in the window of a dark home. So symbolic of the light within our hearts. It's precious and sometimes we forget it's even there. I use my yoga practice to remind me of the light of my consciousness, my mind, and my heart. When I close my eyes no matter what time of the day or where I am I can still see the dance of a faint light. The Yin-Yang represents just that. We can only know the dark because we know the light. We can only know what being and living positive means because we know what it is like to live in the negative. In Tantra, two energies that seem totally opposite are actually complementary. The dark has it's place, as does the light. The yogi always remembers the light and honours the darkness.
warm cups of tea and cozy blankets to you.
om
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment